Monday, February 6, 2012

Week 3 - Bejing

Well how is everyone doing out there? I am in Bejing until the 25th. There is a scale in the hotel - it said 245 - I know, it is different at different altitudes and all that.

However, I started off well on my travel day. Had oatmeal from Starbucks. Did you know if you add the sugar, dried fruit and nuts to the oatmeal you are adding another 250-300 calories! That is crazy - so I halfed the fruit/nuts and used a splenda. Then I got to San Francisco... I ate at a Japanese place and had noodles and tempura veggies and shrimp. AND then... a croissant and a chocolate cake thing from another place where I was watching NCIS waiting for the plane.

On the plane they served a teriyaki chicken and rice dish, a snack of a banana, cookies and a pretzel then a turkey and swiss hot sandwich with chips. I drank a cup or two of OJ and the rest was water.

After being totally messed up with the jet lag - I went to bed about 7pm (well napped on the coach because I am in a  "loft" room where the bedroom is upstairs and with the heater on it was a zillion degrees upstairs.) At 10p I moved upstairs (since I had turned off the air) and slept until Darren called at midnight. I went back downstairs and watched a couple more hours of NCIS and at an apple, pear and a banana and drank 3 cups of tea, then back upstairs about 3am-ish and slept until 6am. Took a shower, ate breakfast downstairs. I went traditional English with 2 fried eggs, bacon and potatoes. (could have had baked beans but opted out) Had fruit, a croissant and a cup of tea. (FYI I should have brought my splenda with me!)

Lunch I ate at Dairy Queen - an awful chili cheese dog and a mocha blizzard.
Dinner - I ate downstairs in the hotel. 2 pieces of sushi, two egg tarts (love those things - they are like custard in a pie shell), they got me to try this rice ball soup thing (yuck) the rice balls were filled with sesame seeds and when you cut into them it oozed out black nastiness. It had an overall weird flavor. I had the duck in rice shells with the miso sauce and veggies that was tastey. I also had fruit.

I am hoping for better meal choices today. This morning I had a bowl of raisin bran, smoked meats and cheeses and a small croissant, juice and tea. They have clementines (I am thinking clementines are the basis for mandarin oranges... just saying) so I have had at least one of those with every meal and an apple or pear.

Well I am off to prepare for my class. Talk to you all soon.

No comments: