Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Beijing Week 2 Day 3 or is it 4

I am very disappointed in that I can not for the life of me make good choices here for food. But it isn't like they sell "salad" and, well, many things are beyond where my adventure-ness ends.

Yesterday - i had the one egg and smoked turkey figuring it was better than bacon. And limited myself to a couple slices of potato. For lunch they invited me down to the employee lunch room. Where I pointed at things that looked remotely normal. I had veggies and I think pork and slightly different veggies and I think chicken. The pork one also had squid in it - which I picked out. This came with a soup and rice. I ate maybe 4 bites of the rice and the soup was pretty cold so I did not have much of it.

Then dinner time... I didn't feel like walking much of anywhere and with knowing I am going out tonight - I decided to eat at the hotel. They have a buffet. I tried a small amount of their spaghetti bolognaese (it was actually pretty good), a chicken leg, thai fried chicken (1 piece - it was pretty fatty) and then some mushu-duck rolls - which I had to cut off half of the roll as there was a lot of wrapper and not much duck inside. I did have a little mixed greens with "french" dressing. (It is yellow and kind of tastes like honey mustard) But nothing else looked appetizing at all - from things sitting in oil to dried out looking sashimi - I broke down and had a small piece of what ended up being cheese cake (actually good), tried their tiramasu (yuck) and their "egg tart" which I usually love those things - but they were not good there. So then had a cream puff which was marginal. This with 2 glasses of orange juice.

There are days when I can't help but think that I am destined to be fat. I also know I am the only who can control it - have to make the right decisions.

I also know I should be ecstatic about being here. It is a one in a life time opportunity. Darren keeps asking me what I have seen and done and thinks I should be out all the time. I just haven't really felt motivated to wander around on my own. Which is weird since I went every where I could when I was in England. *sigh* maybe this weekend since I am feeling better.

Well 9 days left til I go home.

No comments: