Thursday, February 2, 2012

Week 2 - Day 11

243.2! (remembering Bridget - no alcohol, no cigarettes and for me... no gambling.)

I had a very rough day yesterday, emotionally. I got a "has bad behavior" email from one of my sons' teachers. Which on top of some bad grades from the three of them lead to a "family meeting" which did not end well. I won't air all the dirty laundry here but between silly "teenage" words and a disappointed Dad expressing the disappointment poorly - things were not pretty. By the time I got to my hair appointment at 7:05p I felt like I had been hit by a truck. Today is a new day.

Meals - yesterday
B - WW english muffin toasted (100) w/ 1/4 cup egg beaters (35), 1 tbls shredded cheese (35), 1/2 grapefruit (45)
S - apple (appr 65)
L - white bean and chicken soup (170), WW slice of toast (apr 120) , 2 clementines (70)
S - 100 cal popcorn, FF, SF, Coffee from Starbucks (25)
D - 240 cal lean cusine - Glazed Chicken - this one was REALLY good.
If you whipped out your calculator that was 1005 calories yesterday. I said it was a bad day.

I have started to collect things for the trip to Beijing. And have reached out to a tour company that some co-workers used so that I can hopefully see the Great Wall next weekend. I think I will need two suitcases. One for shoes, sundries, big winter coat and the another for everything else. With highs in the mid 30s and the lows in the single to low 10s - the coat, gloves, scarf and hat are going to be a necessity.

I can't believe I am going to CHINA! When I was a kid I did a report on Korea which caused me to have desire to go to Korea, China or Japan ever since. Sadly, when a customer of Acres came to the States from Korea, they weren't too keen on women leaders or strong willed women. One asked me for where their co-workers were and due to the complexity I was trying to show him... he would NOT let me walk in front of him. I had to be two steps behind and he kept looking over his shoulder to see where I was trying to get him to go. I am thinking Korea isn't for me.

Random Thoughts
  • Teens - no matter the generation at some point will a) hate you, b) make stupid mistakes c) think they know EVERYTHING d) break your heart e) make you proud when you least expect it f) love you even when you think they don't
  • Getting your hair done is like that "princess" moment. For a few hours you feel like you should be allowed to wear a tiara.
  • Me - My family, when I was about 5 or 6,  took a trip in a motorhome from LV to Alaska. It was an amazing trip. Of all the things that I have forgotten in my lifetime - this is one that I won't. I remember sitting in the back playing UNO, and taking the ferry to Sitka. And seeing a moose with my mom on the Canada/AK border.
I plan on bringing my webcam - anyone out there use Skype? Let me know. 730AM PST is 1130PM CST (China Standard Time) - so apparently 16 hour time difference at the moment. But would love to chat with you all.

No comments: