Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Beijing Day 3

Not much to report today just nothing exciting happening here. It is so very cold here. The wind rips right through your clothes and I think I am getting sick. Luckily I had left the Advil Cold & Sinus in my purse - but I only have a couple of those. I asked a local who also speaks English if she might be able to help me find something.

Yesterday
B - eggs, potatoes bacon and a croissant. Clemintines, meat, cheese and grapes.
L - 2 slices of Papa John's pizza
D - So good and bad news here - Good news - Sushi! I ordered all by myself - they had pictures in their menu. I ordered a tuna roll (tuna/rice/seaweed wrapper), "fairy tale" it was crab, avocado, cucumber inside wrapped in seaweed and rice then topped with mango and a sweet purple sauce, tempura sweet potatoes and edamame. the Bad - since having lapband I have had to learn to chew my food to a small pulp. I guess I was so excited that I ordered by myself I forgot. I had to ask for a to-go box after having two pieces of tuna and one of the fairy tale and some edamame (which is what I think is what got "stuck") made it outside to a dark corner and threw up. (They didn't have a bathroom or didn't understand my request for a toilet) I took the food to the room, watched the NCIS I downloaded, ate the "Fairy Tale" roll, a couple pieces of the tempura and the edamame. The other Good - all of that only cost me $12 US!

Today I feel like I am growing a cold. I have been coughing and my nose is running. 

To be honest... I can't wait to go home.

No comments: