Friday, February 17, 2012

Beijing Week 2 Day 5

Yesterday was not a good day... I felt completely hungry a short time after I had lunch. I ate at the place across the street - Mr Noodle or something like that. I normally have their Kung Pao Chicken (like) dish - but thought hot soup sounded good so I got their noodles in broth with pork and veggies. It was very good. However about 230 I felt like I could eat another complete meal. I went over to 711 and got what looked like a peanut butter sandwich - I think it was nutella. (I haven't had it before so I am not sure.) I also got their version of chips. They were like super crispy potato crackers.

The co-worker who took me on the adventure to "hot pot" took me to Peking Duck. We had quite a long subway ride but the place was actually quite nice. (Except that people smoked at the tables.) Peking Duck is yummy. The "duck insides" he had me try - were... ok. They were spicey so I used that as the excuse not to have any more of them. The "bone" soup - was not good at all.

I got back to the hotel about 830pm. I watched the last of NCIS. I can now say I have watched 200 episodes of the show. So I am not out of TV shows and will have to move onto the movies I brought. I may do a Harry Potter Marathon on Sunday.

I am VERY excited - Melissa - the Australian girl is meeting me for lunch tomorrow and go shopping. There is definitely something about being able to communicate at a normal pace.

7.5 days left - 5 working days - 2 weekend days! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

The PA Manager took me to lunch today - he (and 3 of his team) took me to the Japanese place down the street that I have gone to a couple of times. They went a little crazy ordering things. There was WAY too much food. I had a "nut and fruit" salad which had thousand island dressing on it. A few pieces of sashmi, a few pieces of the roll I like, a few pieces of a new roll - which was shredded raw salmon inside and pieces of salmon on top and a mayo type sauce. They also had ordered some steak that was cooked teppanyaki style with garlic - it was very good.

I should be able to log in from the hotel this weekend. I can't begin to state the relief I feel for having only one week left.

I found many silly errors in my grammar - I think being here is affecting they way I speak. ACK!

OH by the way - next week's meal adventure may very well be "donkey"... oh boy.

No comments: