Sunday, January 22, 2012

New Diary Entry - DIET

In memory of Bridget Jones -
255lbs - up 30lbs from my lowest point in my journey since lapband / down 40lbs from my heaviest. (Difference between Jones and I - no cigarettes / so far today no alcohol ;) )

I sit here today at my laptop wondering how I could have failed so miserably at weight loss. I also fear failing anyone who reads this as well. I haven't previously stated my weight in public nor really recounted my "diet" plan. I thought, maybe, rather than try to make it a secret and surprise people, that I would instead, come here and announce to the world that I am fat and I really want to do something about it. And maybe, with your encouragement, I will.

To begin - I have found a 1200 calorie diet to follow. I would really like to run a 5k... I am thinking by Fall. I say Fall because I have so much travelling happening through Spring that I don't want to make it unrealistic. HOWEVER, I do intend on "training" for a 5k until that time. I also found a "training plan" to be able to run a 5k. Treadmill here I come.

Yesterday I purchased the types of products needed for the meal plan. Low fat, low calorie and whole wheat type things. I intend to do at least 30 minutes on the treadmill tonight.

Today's menu
B - Plain Cheerios, Skim Milk and Fruit
S - Fruit
L - Vietnamese- Style Beef & Noodle Broth, pita, milk, fudgesicle
S - Hummus/Celery
D - brown rice, chicken, veggies, fruit

If you are interested - I googled "1200 calorie meal plan" and chose the one from "EatingWell.com". (7-Day Diet Meal Plan) It has a bit of fish in it which my family won't eat, the plan is to swap it with chicken. I also plan to look up recipes under 350 calories as that seems to be what many of the choices are.

I don't know if I should be happy, sad, mad or what. I need to do this. I hate my weight.

PS - I noticed I say "so" A LOT. I had to edit this a few times to get that word out of use!

3 comments:

tehamy said...

I'm so proud of you for putting yourself out there like this! You can do this, I know you can! I have found a lot of great healthy meal ideas on Pinterest. If you need an invite, let me know. Good luck lady!

velveetahead said...

Sharon, it is awesome that you are doing this and documenting it. It makes you accountable!

Jeremy and I recently started a Farm to Fit program that is in Portland. They create 3 meals a day for 1200, 1500 or 2000 calories depending on what you want. They use fresh ingredients from nearby farms and deliver to your house twice a week. We got 5 days a week to give us a couple days where we can eat other stuff. I was thinking I should write about it. It might give you some ideas on what to make, especially it is in season.

I've lost 3 lbs in about 4 weeks but didn't start exercising until yesterday so hopefully that'll speed things up more. Jer has lost over 7.

My main stumbling block in the past is I'd rather do something else than be in the kitchen so this frees up a lot of time for me. That makes me very happy. I'm also eating some food I never had before which is fun.

Good luck! I look forward to reading more.

Coni

Pira said...

Thank Amy and Coni! I am keeping my fingers crossed. Right now - I am forcing myself up and off to the treadmill.