Monday, January 30, 2012

Diet Week 2

I have been petrified to step on the scale. Coming here to tell you I had undone everything I did last week scared me. However, I forced myself on before work this morning.

247.8 - A HUGE sigh of relief came out of me. Thank goodness. And today I am back on track and nothing to throw me off.

Yesterdays Meals
B - Cheerios w/ 1/2 cup skim milk and an orange
S - 2 clementines
L - Vietnamese Style Beef/Noodle, whole wheat English muffin with 1 tbls of shredded cheese melted (I know weird combo) 100 calorie nestle bar.(Note about the soup, I did not cook the meat first - I threw the veggies in the pot and let them sweat a bit, added the broth/water let the whole thing boil rapidly (all while the meat sat in about 1/4 soy sauce) then threw the whole lot into the boiling water. When I have gone to Pho restaurants they let the meat cook in the boiling water. I figure this saves fat calories!
S - 100 cal popcorn
D - our theme was German. I knew that a bratwurst was 200 cal w/bun 300 total. So I had one and got just a small helping of my sisters saurbraten, German potato salad w/o bacon, and German Red Cabbage. OMG her stuff was DELISH! I had another small helping of each. She also made this Cinnamon Cake/Bread thing - which I had a whole piece of. I started with a half and went back for the other half. My niece, at least she tried ;) brought Eclairs - little mini ones. I think I had 3 or 4 of those.

So I am guessing I came in around the 1700 mark. I didn't have any wine and stuck with just water. It is hard to make those choices and apparently I didn't do very well. Stupid eclairs :-P

So today I am back to following the plan. I have 5 days left before China. I do plan on one night out with Leslee tomorrow night. She wants Indian food so that won't be too bad if I can keep my intake of the Naan bread down to one.

Random Thoughts
  • I am a bit nervous about this trip to Beijing. Only a bit though - part of me is also just indifferent. Thinking - let's just get it done.
  • I REALLY liked being able to send Josh to the store yesterday and he brought back exactly what I asked for.
  • I am WAY behind in making quilts for my sisters. I need to move them up on the list.
  • I am freaking out about trying to afford all my personal travel. Yuma, Panguitch, Cruise...
  • Me - I have three smashed/herniated discs in my lower back. They were discovered when I worked at the Aladdin. I don't have much pain now unless I try to pick up something really heavy. They told me that it was due to my weight and pre-mature osteoporosis. You would have thought I would have done something about my weight then!
Thank goodness for spell check. I can never spell clementine right! I hate to sound like a broken record - but don't forget to comment. It helps to know you are there.

2 comments:

velveetahead said...

Sometimes when I overdo it on desserts or eat some fast food, I stop afterwards and think, "Did that really taste that good? Was it worth it?" With the fast food, no. With desserts, I think it was worth it to a point but I might have just stopped sooner and not felt so miserable after. I just had to have a taste and stop myself. That sounds like you'll have that same struggle. :) Now I just want a taste of chocolate but don't need the entire dessert.

As for money for upcoming vacations and arguing with yourself at the store, take that $20 you would have put into the machine into one a vacation envelope. Like Amy's vacation envelopes!

Pira said...

Thank you Coni! It is funny you said that, a co-worker said the SAME thing about "was it worth it" we were talking about the chili cheese dogs they were serving in the EDR. "Was it worth the calories." I brought my lunch so I had no temptation!
Good point about the envelopes. I thought I should do that several times. Now just to put it in practice.