Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Diet Day 9

I am so confused as to what day I am on. I hope that is right.

Today's weigh in - 245.8!
So that is 5 pounds. (I guess 10 if you count last Sun/Mon's freakish 5 lb disappearance.) I do try to weigh myself the same time every day. First thing in the morning after my normal routines.

Yesterday's meals
B - Cheerios/FF milk (which I didn't drink all of), clementines
S - FF yogurt
L - 240 cal lean cuisine (Butternut Squash Ravioli), apple
S - 100 cal popcorn
D - 150 calorie chicken patty that had red pepper, onion and feta in it - I put it on a 100 cal toasted WW English muffin with homemade bread and butter pickles and a little brown mustard. It was yum! Also with clementines. Then had a Nature's Own Whole Wheat bread slice toasted, with a couple squirts of I Can't Believe It's not Butter spray and 1/2 tablespoon of honey (80 cal!)

Last night I picked up Mexican food for Darren and the boys and did not get anything for myself. What a test of will power. It smelled SO good. But I knew I couldn't order anything without over doing it so I stayed away.

I have been off the treadmill routine and need to get back into it. However, I have a massage tonight and dinner out with Leslee. I plan on only having Chicken Tikka Masala and 1/2 piece of Naan which "should" be around 450 calories. Which means likely no treadmill tonight.

Random Thoughts:
  • I need to start running a list of these notes as I think of them through out the day because I come up with good ones and forget by the time I sit down the next day to write
  • My "skinny" clothes aren't fitting me right now. All the clothes I purchased at my low weight (220 lbs) barely will button. I am wearing my larger clothes right now to feel more comfortable.
  • Does anyone have "must do" for Beijing?
  • Me - (these are getting harder and harder by the way) I want to drive a race car. There are days when I would like to be a race car driver like my Dad - race those old beaters around the oval! One of my life long dreams has always been to have my Dad build a race car for me and get to race at the speedway - not just once either. Let that become my hobby. But that is a VERY expensive hobby!
3 and half days until I fly to Beijing. It isn't helping that my boss keeps calling me and asking if I have packed yet. I keep telling him - NO! I don't leave til Saturday so I have all day Friday to do it.

Darren and I are having an early Valentine's dinner on Friday at Texas de Brazil. (Brazilian BBQ) I plan on eating basically lettuce all day :), staying away from the salad bar at the restaurant (only because they have lots of cheese and more than just salad on there) and no alcohol or dessert. Again, I hate that I have to plan like this. It is frustrating that because I have let myself get this fat that I can't have one day to do what I want. I know I should be thinking that once I am at my goal weight (which I am hoping for 175lbs) that I could have a night of whatever and get right back on track. I hope that by doing this now that I set good habits, make this second nature and won't feel guilty for one night of extravagance someday. I want to kick and scream and say "just make it disappear! Why isn't it easy!" I find myself often falling into the trap of "what if" or fantasy wishing so desperately that it could just be the dream world. Like - "What if I could just take a pill and the fat would disappear?" "What if I hit the lottery?" Oh well. Here I sit, at my blog, wishing I was Marilyn Monroe and eating Bon Bons instead :D

2 comments:

jenniferreilly said...

I didn't read your blog for 2 days and had 2 BAD eating days! You help me keep to my routine so keep writing!

I have been trying to stick to a 1,500 calorie a day diet that I started a couple days after you and my weight was 207.4. I had somehow gotten down to 201.8 by the end of the week and then had my 2 bad days (with pizza and ice cream and mac and cheese and hamburgers and more!)Now I am back up to 204 but back on track. Please keep writing! I am curious to see what you find to eat in Beijing! Love you and miss you!!!!

Marci said...

Keep up the good work Pira, I know how hard this must be, I struggle daily. Great job not diving into that Mexican food! -mievil