Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Diet Day 4

I wish I could come up with better titles...

Scale this morning 250.4

I know weight loss is supposed to be slow and consistent, but boy was I just thinking "my body hates me" this morning. How is it putting weight on takes so little but taking it off kills you. I know I am 4 days in and I need to be more patient however that is much easier said than done. (Maybe this should be the post full of cliche's.)

I didn't go on the treadmill last night and I am about to go down and do that now even though my knees/ankles are rebelling.

Food today
B - Cream of Wheat with dried fruits and walnuts (I made sure to get no sugar added dried fruit)
S - two clemintines
L - a quarter of a left over pork chop with cranberry (it was all that was left), a small whole wheat round, salad with fat free poppy seed dressing and an apple
S - blackberries and 1/2 cup milk followed  by popcorn (which i shouldn't have but it was a single serve bag - 140 calories (i have 100 cal ones I will be taking in to work)
D - left over chicken with creamy chive sauce and brown rice, an orange and a 100 cal choc ice cream bar

I decided that today in with my "random thoughts" that I would include a "random thing people likely don't know about me". My niece had a FB note with about 25 of them, some amusing, some gross and some just notable.

Random Thoughts
  • Wearing heels after months of flats kills my ankles and knees - what was I thinking!?
  • Q-Tip brand cotton swabs are far superior - all because they know how to make a card board stick that doesn't bend when you use it
  • Pouring 3 tablespoons of Cream of Wheat into a coffee cup of microwaved-boiling water will cause it to bubble over and cause a big mess (almost like it exploded)
  • Poppy seed dressing will leave seeds in your teeth
  • Random thing - I LOVE arranging pantries. I put things in order, straight lines. I get annoyed when my family can't seem to put things back where they found it. I went over to my mother in law's house once and arranged her pantry so that all the cans were neat and by type. I am not an alphabetizer. And by no means a neat freak. But pantries should be organized!
It has been a rough day. I worked from 6a - 5p. I really hate being fat. What really makes me hate it is that I am not normally a person who cares really what others think. But as I was getting on the elevator today to leave - there is a girl who works in the executive offices - she is tall and skinny and is always dressed neat and pressed. I couldn't help myself from thinking "she must think I am some kind of slob." Because really when have you ever seen a fat person look "neat and pressed"? And then of course she didn't get on the elevator with me, she conveniently stopped at someone's desk. How ridiculous to think she didn't want to be in there with me.

Well that is all I have for now. Off to the treadmill.

No comments: