Saturday, January 28, 2012

Diet Day 6

247.6 that's right 3 pounds this week! Woot!

It was definitely an amazing feeling to step on that scale yesterday morning and see that. I was in such shock. If the weight loss could at least be this steady it wouldn't be so hard to stick to. It's when those plateaus kick in that I feel I will fail you all I will hope not though.

Food for yesterday
B - whole wheat english muffin, 1 tbls shredded cheese (I measured!), 1/2 grapefruit - that is 190 calories by the way!  (If you like salsa you could add 2 tbls for only 9 more calories)
S - 100 calorie blue berry yogurt
L - 240 cal lean cuisine (chick chow mein), apple (50), 1 small mini round (50)
S - orange (60), 1/2 FF milk (45)
D -.... well this is where I failed. I had all good intentions and my poor will power gave in. I had half a prime rib (300 ish cal), baked potato w/butter, (250), bread (going to guess at 250), bacon wrapped dates (300ish), glass of wine (114) - HOLY CRAP 1200 cal in ONE MEAL.
If you broke out your calculator that was 1935 for yesterday! The only good thing I did is - we got dessert to go and I ordered Black Forest Cake. (Cherries) I don't like cherries so i knew I wouldn't be eating it.

Today I will be going out grocery shopping again. I have a "puppy" birthday party to go to and a dinner at a restaurant again. (Meeting the mom of the girl who asked Josh to Sadies.) The plan... eat before the party and order salad at dinner and have Josh be my will power. (well scratch that I just looked at the menu online and all they have are side salads... they have a "little less" menu that I can get the Tri-Tip without gravy or muffin for 800 cal or the potpie for 710.) If I stick close to 200 for B and L, I should be ok and back on track for today.

I find it very, trying to find the right word here, annoying... tiring, frustrating - to have to spend SO much time thinking about food. But it is when I don't think about it that I get fatter. I do hope that once I do get down under 180 pounds that I won't have to put this much effort into it. My hope is that this becomes so part of my nature that I don't even notice.

Random Thoughts
  • Puppies make your heart fill with love with their sweet faces and knowing that if you just give them a small scratch behind the ears they will be forever yours
  • I got locked in the elevator at work yesterday for 25 minutes with 2 co-workers. Best line from someone outside the elevator "Did you push the door open button?" (My instant couldn't stop it reaction - "Oh no, we didn't think of that!")
  • Saw pre-views for that "My 600 pound life" and realized I should be a bit more thankful that I haven't gotten that bad. I know I am not immobile due to my weight, nor have any current health problems (I am no longer on blood pressure medicine - over a year now). So I know I probably sound pretty pathetic needing to lose 75 - 80 pounds and whining how hard it is. Life COULD be worse.
  • Me - I have a gambling problem. This also is very hard to say outloud. I have gambled too much over the years. Gotten myself into a pickle a time or two (or three.) Starting today - no more. No more gambling way all the extra money I have.
If you are out there, please leave a comment or something and let me know.

3 comments:

velveetahead said...

You live in a dangerous city to have a gambling problem!

I know what you mean about not wanting to think about food so much. I have made some changes to my diet over the years due to Weight Watchers and it has become second nature. Now I am just aware that I'm eating too much and do it anyway. Or I should say I was eating too much. Now that I'm on the 1200 calorie diet, when I overeat I feel horrible immediately. I actually like feeling full and not like I have to take a nap after I eat. That kicked in about the 4th week so you'll get there if you don't feel that way now.

Also, big news for me today. When I got on the scale, I passed plateau that I hadn't gotten past in about two years. I would lose weight to this one specific number and could not lose past it. I've done it a long time ago but there has been something that has been keeping me from it lately so I was thrilled when I weighed less than that this morning.

I hope on this new change for you that you just breeze on past those plateau and it keeps coming off steadily for you. You can do it Sharon!

Stacy said...

Hey Sharon! Can't wait to get on the cruise ship with you! I really enjoy reading your blog. It's brave of you to put yourself out there. You will do awesome! and I will keep stealing tips from you :) I just started a new diet thing yesterday and I am utterly exhausted by thinking about it all day. I hear it gets easier with time... I really hope this is true.

PS Velveetahead- grats to you too!

Stacy said...

FYI- that last comment should have been signed Stacy, not unknown :)