Sunday, January 29, 2012

Diet Day 7

I refused to weigh myself yesterday after the blowout from Friday night and I am pretty much feeling the same way this morning. I got home way later than I expected from the dinner with the "Mom" and with a raging headache that I didn't work out as I had promised myself.

I didn't do as well as I thought I would. I should have put Erik on food watch and didn't which ended up with me have a cupcake and a mini sugar cookie at the party. (Along with half a sandwich - on a wheat dinner roll so it wasn't huge, carrots, cucumbers, cauliflower, and about 5-6 potato chips with french onion dip that I love.) Then the Dinner - I did stick to my 700 calorie pot pie which according to the nutritional info also included the sauteed veggies on the side. (They looked sauteed in butter) I did not eat those. However I did have a splenda peach "cobbler". I say "cobbler" because to me cobbler should have dumpling like topping and this had a pie crust only on the top.

Normal food summary
B - 1/4 egg beaters, 1 tbls shredded cheese on a whole wheat English muffin, 1/2 coffee with 1/4 skim milk (Realized yesterday I was using the "light" English muffin which saves 10 or 20 calories - in case you are wondering) (200)
L - 240 cal Lean Cuisine Meatloaf (I didn't like the sauce on the meatloaf so I didn't eat all of it - I hope that saved me some calories), 2 clementines (300)
Party - cupcake, 1 mini-sugar cookie, half wheat dinner roll sandwich, veggies, chips, dip
Cupcakes avg about 300 cal, cookie 60, sand about 125, chips/dip 200, veggies 50
D- potpie, no sugar added, sweetened with splenda peach cobbler 270 calories and I left about 1/8 of it
Aprox 2100 for the day

One thing I noticed that I don't mention my "drinks" much. I typically drink water through out the day. If I go out to eat I normally drink iced tea. For me I can REALLY tell the difference if I don't drink at least a gallon of water a day. (I prefer more - I live in a desert people it is important!) But I challenge anyone out there to drink more water and see if you don't notice less headaches and fatigue. It really makes that go away. It helps your blood move through your body swifter - almost like lubrication for it! (I heard moving through your body swifter part from a phlebotomist.)

Random Thoughts
  • Shopping with my husband is the most frustrating thing. I think because he chooses times when I am on a specific mission to go "looking around." Yesterday it was on my time to go grocery shopping he wanted to go to Office Max and Bed Bath and Beyond and where ever else just to putt around. I prefer to get to Sam's Club early and not fight the crowd.
  • A puppy party is more fun then you think. Especially since there was a pool and a couple dogs (dogs not kids!) fell in. One dog fell in twice! My dogs ran almost the whole time.
  • Trying to write on the blog with Darren in the room - also difficult ;-) he likes to ask random meaningless questions while I am concentrating or play awful music.
  • Me - My first car was a 1975 Chevy Impala. It was awesome. I fit 11 people in it to go to lunch. And raced it down Craig Rd which used to be a two lane road back in the day.
Cool things happened this week
My niece called me I think Tuesday morning from New Jersey and said she was inspired by me! It was definitely a confidence booster! Now if I could just get her to comment here so I know she is still in my corner. ;-)
You guys that are commenting here and on FB really are awesome. Stacy - can't wait to get on the cruise with you too! Good luck on the diet.
Coni - you are awesome! Congrats on breaking that plateau!
Yesterday grocery shopping - I had a full argument with myself because that is one of the times I usually put $20 (or more) into a machine on the way out. I didn't! Walked right on out! (It is sad that I have to have that argument with myself.)

    No comments: