Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Shopping for 10/24

So I was very disappointed in the lists last week. I think the Grocery Stores are waiting for people to really be shopping for Thanksgiving to put out the good deals.

So I went to Vons as they seemed to have decent deals on a couple things. Not to mention their milk has moved onto their "low price everyday" deal at $2.09.

Total Bill - $144 (have no idea how it could be even)
Card: - 42.06
Coupons: -8.28
Total Savings: $50.34
Out of Pocket - 93.66
Items: 47

So not to bad. A couple of my coupons made the computer beep - the clerk said "I think we are only allowed to scan three per item." (To which I thought "whaaaa??") But didn't say anything. She entered them anyway and she gave me a tip about their "in store"ads. They are only good for the limit on the coupon - but you CAN do multiple transactions. For example Vons' had an in store ad for Simply Juice bringing the price down to $1.99 (from 2.50 the sale price) limit 2. I bought four and tore out two coupons - it beeped. The nice clerk rang them up anyway but gave me the "for next time; do two seperate transactions" spiel.  Keep that in mind!

So I am ready for this coming week. Again not impressive ads. But I saw a few things of interest. I will let you know how it goes... likely after I get back from Portland.

No comments: