Saturday, October 17, 2009

Follow up to my "disappointed" post

So I printed out my list, got my coupons and decided this week was Vons and Albertson's for the best deals.

Vons
Original Total: 171.14
Club Card Savings: - 70.56
Coupon Savings: - 20.14
Total Savings: - 91.05
Spent: $80.09
Items: 26

From Vons - I got some of their reduced meats (hamburger w/ additional 50% off, some boneless ribs with additional 30% off.) I managed to grab some of the steak for $1.97 a pound (only had a couple out when I was there.) I also did their by 5 juices and got $5 off plus I had coupons for the Welch's. I bought Tide which increased my spending somewhat. But I had a $1 off coupon.

Then back to Albertson's this week
Original Total: 145.54
Big Relief Price Cut: - 42.51
Card: -18.77
Coupons: -7.50
Total Savings: -$68.78
Spent: $76.76
Items:42

So I chose Albertson's for my weekly needs instead of Smith's. I picked up Milk, lunch meat, cream cheese and tomato sauce - but looked for either the marked down item or things further discounted with the card.

OH!!! And because of they I bought things - I got a $5 off my next $40 purchase, a $10 off my next purchase AND because I have been shopping there so much - I got one of their 5% off that I can combine with other 5% off (you get one every $250 spent with Card). So my next purchase is looking better and better!

So not too bad this week. I actually didn't need much, but still spent $156 this week. I think Darren is hating all the cereal in the cupboard. :) But didn't do the amazing $1 an item... bummer!

I went to Walgreens to use up my check out rewards, I got bags of candy for my work bowl and a Cover Girl Eyeshadow I needed... and paid nothing out of pocket. I like those trips!

No comments: