Monday, October 5, 2009

Little Disappointed

So I went to try my hand at shopping using coupons at Walgreen's and CVS. And honestly I am not really impressed there either.

I picked up the Playtex that gets you the $3 rewards, a razor that got another $3 - these had to be done in seperate transactions. My first disappointment (besides the seperate transactions) is that one of the other razors that you are "supposed" to get a $6 reward for - they were out of. (Gillette MVP) then they had the space filled with the "Gamer" but of course that was not included in the reward. So I have to go back on Wednesday... which I really am not sure I need all that badly.

I then went to CVS for the Colgate - I had a coupon for a dollar off plus you get a $2 reward - I got it for the toothpaste (you have to swipe your CVS card for this) but didn't get it on the toothbrush even though I did two seperate transactions.

So it wasn't really worth all the extra trouble. I am seriously considering not even paying attention to the CVS/Walgreens opportunities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Walgreens ... okay - pain in the ass. CVS ... don’t give up on just yet. You do NOT have to do it in separate transactions. And when you don't get the rewards you expected ... ask why. You don't have to be a b!tc# like the lady in Collette's blog. But it is okay to question why and even return an item if it is not the right one for the reward or whatever else reason you are getting the reward. Remember ... this system is meant to save you money - not cause you to spend on items you wouldn't normally buy. And it is not designed to be frustrating. And again, it is okay to politely, respectfully, and kindly ask why you didn’t get the reward you expected to get.