Thursday, March 8, 2012

San Francisco - March 2012

I am here in San Francisco, CA on my last day of the 3 day "Successful Training Manager" course by Langevin. The class is going pretty well. I am reminded that I am a terrible student and have to really focus myself to absorb all the knowledge that is being shared. But it is a pretty good class. I have managed to single myself out by answering the "brain teasers" the instructor has been giving. And managed to stick my foot in my mouth yesterday... all in the day of me I guess.

Food wise - I returned from China on February 25th and weighed myself shortly after I came back to find that I had lost .3 of a lb. (240.0) not real significant. And I have not been eating well since AND neglecting my blog. I won't recap "everything" for you but let me say there has been McDonald's, Pizza, fried foods and serious over eating in my weeks since returning.

And now that I look back over the past two weeks... a serious LACK of fruit and veggies. Twice I went to Sweet Tomatoes (Salad Bar place) but I did have frozen yogurt and baked potatoes as well as my salad but when I was so used to having a piece of fruit with every meal prior to China and to see that I haven't been doing that now... well if you take anything away from this - EAT FRUIT! (Oh and drink more water.)

But let's look at my bad choices this week:
Monday went to work in the morning and had eggs, hashbrowns and a biscuit with gravy. (Mind you the biscuit is HUGE and I couldn't eat it all - but still, gravy really?) Lunch I stopped at my favorite bar (they have REALLY good food) - I had their "prime rib sliders." 3 rolls with yummy meat and ah jus. Sadly they didn't seem to have the horseradish they normally do but I ate them anyway. And two of the onion rings. I raced home from that to finish packing and get to the airport. At the airport I grabbed a black tea from Coffee, Bean and Leaf. In San Francisco, after we made the hour trek via the Super Shuttle (I don't recommend it for anyone! Take BART and/or other public transit), we went to the Wharf and ate at Fisherman's Grotto. I got their Combo Plate (I opted NOT to have it fried thinking maybe slightly healthier) it came in a creamy rosemary-ish sauce with rice and broccoli. I ate most of it except 2 scallops. (Crab, Shrimp, Scallops, Calamari) Then I didn't resist sharing a boston cream pie with my co-worker. (It was like fudge, cake and a hint of bavarian cream in the middle.)

Tuesday was first day of class - we opted to try to have the "continental" breakfast in class. A croissant and blueberry muffin later I was still hungry.  I had OJ and Coffee... and hot tea. (I forgot to mention - Aunt Flo will join me this week which ALWAYS makes me hungrier.) I had another croissant and a couple mint chocolates from the table. We went to eat at In and Out burger... did I have a single? Oh NO! Double Double, fries and Iced Tea. (I am a dumb ass.) I picked up a bag of popcorn at WalGreens. Ate some of that around 230 in class (with a couple more chocolates :( )
I met a long time friend for dinner that night. I ended up walking from Embarcadero and Market to Market and 2nd. Then we walked together from Market/2nd to Townsend/2nd then to Townsend and 8th. It was quite the walk. (there was an accident downtown and messed up the bus we were to take.) We ate at a mediterrean place near her husband's work. He works at Zynga! I got to tour their building. So very cool. What a fun place to work. Oh... I had lamb kabobs, hummus and a bit of rice and a flat bread/tortilla like thing. Also a potato latke and of course walnut baklava. at Zynga I also had cereal (they had many break rooms) and a Cherry Coke Zero.

Wednesday - my co-worker and I ate at a little diner across the street. 2 eggs over-med, country potatoes and sourdough toast with bacon. Lunch we ate at Hot Spud - little off the beaten path place - had a "steak potato" - steak, alfredo sauce, corn, peas and black olives. It was very good. Oh and a Root Beer. Last night we wandered (took a local bus) over to a steak house called Harris's Old San Franciscan. (I SO should have checked prices!) But we ate there anyway. I had Prime Rib, Baked potato, bread, little cracker things with spreadable sharp cheddar and their version of baked Alaska. cake, lemon ice cream, meringe with lemon curd on the plate. It was very good - I was WAY too full - we walked back to the hotel.

Today - I would like to say I will eat better - but I am here all day again and have a late flight back.

8 days til cruise! I am so excited!

No comments: