Saturday, March 31, 2012

Made it through first week back

Yesterday went well. I had oatmeal with a small amount of craisins and raisins and almond slivers with a half a grapefruit. I had two clementines for a snack. I ate at Chili's for lunch. They had a part of their menu designated as Lighter Choices and had one of those scan codes that you could use to find out their calorie content - so I had a small steak with broccolli - 260 calories (with salsa - which I didn't eat) Then I had an apple and 100 calorie popcorn for my afternoon snack.

Dinner was at one of my favorite Indian Food places. I ordered the Dal Lamb - lentil stew with lamb. I had about 3 pieces of the lamb, I also had 2 pieces of Lori's chicken that was in Tikka Masala. We had garlic Naan but brushed with olive oil instead of butter (Potokar is mostly Vegan - so avoids butter when she can but doesn't worry if she gets a little bit. She is allergic to dairy - it isn't that she doesn't like eating animals.) Also basamiti rice with nuts, peas and carrots. So overall I think I did really well! One website said there was approximately 394 calories in Dal Lamb - but I had maybe half a serving - so even I had 500 calories for dinner (which I think I did) I am still at or near the 1200 for the day.

As you can tell I really enjoy grapefruit and my popcorn :D

I forgot to mention, thank you for reminding me Coni! I am at 249.4 so up 6 pounds from the beginning of March :( I was a bit hungrier when I first got back but seems to have tapered off now. But then again - next week Aunt Flo visits again.. bleh.

No comments: