Monday, March 26, 2012

Vacation is over time to start again

I only have a couple trips to go then nothing really planned. Next week - 04/05 - 04/08 I am going to Yuma with my sister, Shawn, and Erik. That shouldn't be too hard to stick to the diet - except that my favorite Mexican restaurant is there. If I am good until then and that is my only "bad" meal I should be ok. Then April 16-20 I go to Fort Lauderdale to attend our Eastern Region Sales meeting. I am not sure how that will go.

The vacation was awesome! I can't wait to do another cruise. I think all my savings will go to doing that. Yes I think I am addicted to cruises! We went from Fort Lauderdale to Princess Cays (Princess's private beach) to Curacao and then to Aruba. (Oranjesteed) I snorkeled in each location - I could have done it twenty more times! In Princess Cays, I saw many fun fish including a flounder. I almost missed him - had he not moved I wouldn't have seen him at all. Stacy talked a couple of us into doing the "banana boat" which you sit on an inflatable tube/banana shaped thing - hold on for dear life as the drag the thing around in the water. We all fell off on the first hard turn. As I was trying to get back on (mind you I have like no upper body strength to try and pull my fat behind back up on top of it) as they tried to pull me up - I felt something hurt in my chest just under my left boob. I managed to pull/bruise something because it ended up hurting the rest of the week (and currently still does).  In Curacao I got to see a sunken tug boat and more fun fish. We snorkeled out from a little cove on the other side of the island. Then in Aruba I got to see a sunken ship -  a "pirate" boat that took us there. Then they moved us more inland and got to snorkel in the cove where I saw a really pretty black fish with glowing blue spots - all the fish seemed to glow. It rained a little bit on us as we were snorkeling but it was just lovely! Then back on the Pirate boat - Stacy did the rope swing - with my hurt chest and lack of upper body strength I didn't think it was a good idea for me. It was a great time! On board the Crown Princess, I played several sessions of Bingo, we watched a comedian one night and one of their production shows another night. We ate at the Crown Grill (steak house) - one of the most delicious steaks I have ever had, and we ate at Sabatini's (Italian) another night it was also very good, but not as good as the steak house to me. Mostly we hung out and relaxed. The last day I sat up on deck and read for about an hour and guess who got sunburned? Yep - on the last day. I am a dork. We played cards and listened to music. I was sad to say good bye to the gang and to vacation.

I took today off as well so I could do laundry and clean up. Back to work tomorrow.

I did start back to the diet today. I had an "everything" bagel-thin (110 calories), egg beaters w/chopped spinich and half a grapefruit. I found out that 3 oz of spinich is 20 calories, I put .8 of an oz on there so I am thinking it was practically nothing (or around 5 or 6 calories)

No comments: