Friday, March 30, 2012

End of the Week after Vacation

So I made it through the rest of the week at work! I did pretty well eating all week... until last night. But let's recap:

Monday - the everything bagel thin w/ egg beaters and spinich. Lunch was a salami sandwich (1 oz is 96 calories) on a 110 calorie bagel with red onion and a 1/2 teaspon of mayo and a tsp of brown mustard and a clementine and half an apple. I was still hungry so I made another sandwich but instead of the mayo/mustard I used Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb cheese for 35 calories. I had a bag of 100 calorie popcorn. Dinner - I made homemade Chicken Lettuce Wraps. I chopped the chicken very fine, cooked with with a bit of olive oil - then sauteed/marinated it in a mix of hoisin and soy sauce. Then I sauteed onion, carrots, water chestnuts and shitake mushrooms in olive oil with a bit of garlic. I added this mixture to the chicken and served it with butter lettuce leaves. YUM! I also made flat bread pizzas - using Naan Bread from the store, added sprinkles of finley chopped pear, spinich, shallot and mozzerella. I also sauteed garlic in olive oil and brushed the oil on the bread prior to the spinkles. Also YUM! I had 1 lettuce cup and 1/2 a naan bread.

Tuesday - back to work (sigh) - I brought my egg beater sandwich for breakfast and had half a grapefruit. For lunch I had a 220 calorie lean cuisine and two clementines. I had a 100 cal bag of popcorn and an apple for a snack. Dinner - Lean Cuisine 220 calories and two clementines.

Wednesday - cream of wheat w/ 1 oz of dried fruits and 1 tbls of walnuts. Snack - 1/2 grapfuit. Lunch - Lean Cuisine - 200 calories, apple and a whole wheat light english muffin. Snack - 100 cal popcorn and 2 clementines. Dinner - I ate out with my friend Lori at Sammy's Woodfire Pizza - I looked up their calorie content before I went - so I had 3 steak skewers (2 = 100 calories so about 150), Tomato Soup w/out oil (approx 110 calories - I didn't eat the chunks of tomatoes but it did have a little bit of cheese in it), half the chopped chicken salad with dressing on the side and no tomatoes. (approx 300 calories - I think less because I didn't have the tomatoes and I didn't use hardly any dressing)

Thursday - 1/2 grapefruit, plain cheerios w/splenda and 1/2 cup of skim milk (that I didn't drink.) Snack -an apple, lunch we ate at Sweet Tomatoes - a salad bar place. I had salad w/ garbonzo beans, beats, cucumber, zuchinni, carrots and dressing on the side. I did get some bread and butter pickles but stayed away from cheese and croutons. I also got a plain baked potato. (again no cheese, bacon, butter, sour cream!) I got one 97% fat free bran muffin that had orange and cranberry in it. 3 bites of macaroni and cheese. Then had a small cup of their fat free frozen yogurt. I had a bag of 100 calories popcorn for a snack.

Dinner is where I messed up... I ordered pizza for the boys. I went and nuked a left over dinner from before (it had been in the freezer) it was chicken with a sort-of cream onion sauce on top, brown rice and broccoli. I ate most of it. But when the pizza came - I ended up having 2 pieces! dang it!

Today is breakfast day - I will be having oatmeal from downstairs with a half grapefruit. Maria and I are eating out for lunch - hopefully somewhere that has good salads - maybe back over to Sammy's Woodfire. Dinner tonight is Indian. ACK - how I love that food. I am currently researching my best options. :)

Well I look forward to getting back in the swing of things and would love to hear from you all!

1 comment:

velveetahead said...

You have done well getting back into your healthy eating, even with the couple of slip ups. I have found my appetite has increased since the cruise do it'll take a while to calm down again. How's your weight doing? I gained 6 pounds before the cruise. Oops! I have lost 3 already but it'll take some effort to get back to where j was and then continue losing.