Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April and the food delima

I thought I had updated this since Saturday but apparently not. Sorry about that. Let's see where was I... oh yes Saturday...

Saturday - I took the boys to breakfast before our housecleaning. I was very proud of myself as I ordered oatmeal and only had the raisins and 1/2 the brown sugar scoop. I added splenda and called it good. We went home and cleaned all of downstairs and most of upstairs. So I treated them to a movie (they went to see Hunger Games and I went to see Mirror Mirror.) Then we went to lunch. And well had I known... I would have done better. We went to Steak and Shake. I ordered their double with cheese - their meat is VERY thin - so actually when I did look it up - it was 440 calories. Which really... had I ONLY had that - it would have been ok. But no... I had the fries and then a shake too (which I didn't drink all of.) I don't even like their shakes (they are kind of grainy - like they don't use real ice cream.)

Lunch was very late - we got home about 4p, then I did the grocery shopping. By the time all was completed - I had a couple clementines and called it a day. (So no real "dinner" to make up for the ridiculous lunch.)

Sunday - I had a 110 cal bagel w 1/8 cup of egg beaters (1/4 = 30 cal, 1/8 = 15 - I just don't like egg that much) I put in onion and spinich. I took my car in for an oil change and got two new tires. I also got my toes and eyebrows done. Then went home, had lunch - a 100 cal bagel w/ 2 thin ham slices (approx 20 cal) and 1 oz of rotissere chicken w/o skin = 30 cal with red onion and brown mustard and cantalope and a 100 calorie latte flavored ice cream bar. Then I cleaned my room and bathroom. Afterwards - I treated myself to Bingo :)

And another set back... I stopped at the grocery store on the way home and after my wanderings I was too late to make meatloaf. So I stopped at McDonald's on the way home. I got a burger no fries. 490 calories YIKES! I had some more cantalope.

That brings me to Monday. I had a 110 everything bagel w/ 1/8 cup egg, spinch, onion and 1 pre-cooked bacon slice (18 cal) chopped up and 1/2 a grapefruit.
Snack - 2 clementines
Lunch - we had Mimi's - I had their Grilled Vegetable Flatbread Wrap - 475 calories
Snack - 100 cal popcorn and a plum
Dinner - Homemade Meatloaf (350), mashed potatoes (130), green beans and bread (250). (unfortuantely with a bit more butter than I should have.)

That catches us up so far. I do so well for breakfast now to get it through the rest of the day.

I have chatted with a friend of mine who is Vegan (only because she is allergic to dairy and well never really liked meat anyway) - anyway... I am researching and thinking of attempting a vegetarian diet. If I am going to do this though - I want to be in the right mind set. So "attempting" is obviously not the right mind set. So I will keep looking up recipes and nutritional information before I commit.

Let me know you are out there. I really appreciate the feed back. I can't do this without you. Also let me know if you want to see anything else here. I could work on the "random" thoughts again :D

No comments: