Monday, January 11, 2010

Journey update 01/11/10

I couldn't be more pleased! I got my first adjustment on Wednesday last week. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I can definitely tell that I am more restricted! And thank goodness for that. I was struggling with snacking or "grazing" as I like to call it. However, I was limiting myslef to Yoplait Light Yogurt and/or Sugar Free Jello Pudding Cups (1 or 2 points on Weight Watchers) for snacks. However, because lapband essentially "slows" the process down by holding your food above the "band" thus making you feel full - the Dr discouraged the "milkshake" like snacks - because they just go right through. So I am bringing apples for snacks - if I still feel hungry this week. Which if the end of last week is any indication - I doubt it. I wasn't hungry between meals at all and I could definitely feel the faster full feeling.

I lost 5 lbs last week! can you believe it!? I am so excited.

Now I just need to start adding in a regular excerise schedule. whew!

1 comment:

velveetahead said...

Grats! That is great. :) Exercise is always the hardest part for me to keep it up consistently.