Monday, April 9, 2012

After Easter Week

Last week started well and ended poorly in regards to eating. My sister, Shawn, my son, Erik, and I visited Dad in Yuma. I ate way too much. It didn't help that Aunt Flo was visiting and making me SUPER hungry. I won't recap everything - just know there was lots of cheese involved. And one morning a chicken fried steak GAH!

I have begun a 1200 calorie vegetarian diet today. So far here is where I am at:

Breakfast - 1/2 grapefruit (50 calories) with Splenda, plain cheerios (w/splenda) (100 calories) with 1/2 cup almond milk (35 for a whole cup - so 17). I split the milk between my cereal and my coffee. So breakfast was 167 calories.

Snack - 2 clementines - 70 calories

Lunch: 110 calorie Everything bagel thin, roasted veggies - red pepper (6 calories), Eggplant (10 calories), red onion (4 calories), yellow squash (approx 8 calories), 2 - marinated artichoke quarters (25 cal) - 153 calories I brushed them with a bit of olive oil and did them on the griddle. so maybe 170 total

I also had a salad with greens a cup maybe cup and half - (16) and small (tablespoon or less of) garbonzo beans (14), red onion (<4), black olives (10), sunflower seeds (approx 30), celery (4 little kernals - 0), carrots (7), water chestnuts (10). I put less than a teaspoon of olive oil (40 cal) and about a tablespoon of basalmic (10 cal) on it. 141 calories total

1 plum - 30 calories, 1 cup of mandarins in juice (didn't drink the juice) 50 calories

So shockingly - I am at 628 calories.

I plan on making the EatingWell.com recipe for Roasted Red Peppers Stuffed with Kale and Rice - 171 calories and a fruit. And I am about to grab a 100 calorie popcorn :)

Another step to a new me... I hope!

1 comment:

velveetahead said...

I'm interested to see how the veggie eating goes, especially since I'm guessing the rest of your family is not eating that way.