Saturday, December 12, 2009

Lapband upate 12/12/09

I am officially one month since surgery. I can't believe it has already been a month. Since Nov 3rd (when they put me on the liquid diet) I am down 26 pounds. I am down another 2.2 since last week. By the way this also marks that I am down over 40 lbs since February. So the pic on Facebook and here - shows me 40 lbs heavier, crazy huh?

I can't say this week has been easy. I have been crazy hungry. I do really well for breakfast, egg beaters on a piece of toast. I have even been bringing lunch to ensure I don't eat too much. But the in between times have been getting me. I have brought half an apple, celery w/peanut butter and even some wheat thins to snack on at work. But I will still be hungry. Then as I am making dinner I tend to have a couple crackers... I know none of this "sounds" like a lot but when you are only supposed to have 4oz three times a day... it isn't good.

I had a mini-break down last night - felt like I was failing. I went on a rapid walk, 2.2 miles. The dog protested about half way through - boy I think she needs the excerise more than I do! It helped clear my head a bit though, and getting on the scale this morning and seeing that I was down a bit more definitely helped.

It is not an easy journey but I definitely want to succeed. I can't keep carrying the extra weight. So one step at a time I guess.

2 comments:

Just Joy said...

Hey Girl!
The fact that you took responsibility for yourself, had the surgery and are already down 40 pounds is a success!! I'm so very proud of you and you have been a huge inspiration to me. Right after I learned you had the surgery, I was so inspired I ordered the Medifast program and start my liquied diet journey tomorrow. We can get through being hungry together!! You go girl! Hugs! Am

Pira said...

I am so happy for you Amy! If you need anything you let me know!