Monday, December 7, 2009

Finally a day of savings! Saved over $100

The last couple weeks I have been very disappointed in the grocery sales ads. Seems that more emphasis has been on the retail outlets than groceries. This week though - I had to break down and restock my freezer with meat - thank goodness Smith's did a meat sale! I also picked up some additional items to do some holiday baking, plus all the normal weekly items. (Milk, juice, eggs.)

Total Bill: $323.82
Club Card: -$89.05
Coupons: - $14.75
Total Savings: - $103.80
Out of pocket: $220.02

Number of Items: 116 ($1.90 an item) Remember that is with two large packages of boneless/skinless chicken breasts, 2 max packs of hamburger meat - plus I grabbed some "reduced price" meats like seasoned pork tenderloins, hamburger patties, turkey burger patties. My cart was so full we had to grab a second cart for the juice, milk and some canned goods like Chunk All White Tuna in Water (10 for $10!) We also grabbed the sale priced and couponed NAME BRAND cereals (which my youngest still says "Who are you and what have you done with my mother" when he sees them.)

Long gone are the days of "generic"!

Also - on a previous shopping trip I picked up "Aussie" hair care products on sale and with coupons. Let me just say - AWESOME! I have very dry hair. With living in the desert, washing my hair every day and blow drying it - a special "moist" conditioner is needed. Aussie's Moist - is one of the best! I will definitely be keeping an eye out for this to go on sale again and use my coupons to get it for less than a $1.50 a bottle!

I do keep an eye out for other coupons. This week I had seen a coupon for the Scrubbing Bubbles Auto-Shower - which I just so happened to run out of last week. So although they were not on sale - at least I had a "$2" off of 2 coupon to get me through.

One more bonus in getting the Sunday paper: as I was looking through the ads, I found a coupon for Guitar Center: "Take and additional $25 off a purchase of $199 or more" - this is perfect because we had planned on getting my middle son a guitar with amp and they have a bundle for a Strat with Amp for $199! So I will be saving on Christmas Presents! (Ok so actually this is his birthday present - but let's not split hairs. His b-day is the 22nd.)

So great savings this week!

No comments: