Friday, May 4, 2012

May 4th, made it through May Day

so here is my update. Boy has this blog changed from shopping to dieting to mental problems good grief!

As I had mentioned before I am a "plan" kind of girl.

The plan so far - I have reworked the finances. The money is tight over the next month and a half.
  •  As for Josh's Football - he has a "lift-a-thon" where he can raise money for it. I am not sure if it will cover it. So I will have to see if I have to some how do some kind of side work to make it up. (Or he will :) )
  • Boys' college - unfortunately I am at a time where I think we are going to have to consider loans and grants. So this is one area where I just have to accept that I can't change it.
  • In the rework of the finances and reviewing my excel spreadsheet - I have ensured the "savings" part of it. And feel a little better toward how things are - but need to stick to plan.

  • Wifely things - I made several meals this week - that actually made me feel better. I do love to cook.
  • Cleaning... well I haven't done anything on this one. I need to just set up a day to do a good cleaning and get back to chore lists.

  • Boys - well... there are moments. Especially with Josh and Erik where I feel maybe, just maybe I am "good" with them. The boys are my weakness. I love them so much that my heart breaks so easy with them. Who knew having children would be a woman's Achilles heal!? We are so strong about everything else... until they come along.

  • Me... dieting, college, selfishness. still working on it. Maybe still selfishly... I am looking at a couple "me" trips. Camping in June with my girlfriends and an all inclusive with another girlfriend in October.
  • We are of course planning the Disney trip before Christmas this year - just not sure how exactly yet.
Now there is always the concern that I won't stick to "the plan." I have been so great at sticking to plans before. *hear sarcasm there*

I have heard excellent advice from my dear friends and family. to be honest... and why not be honest here this is me right... I am not ready for counselling or medication (multiple people had these suggestions). Maybe I should be because when I thought over those suggestions I freaked out even more.

So there you have the first update toward returning to my working mental state.

No comments: