Monday, September 28, 2009

My message to Collette

The lady who did the "Shop Smart Class" that I mentioned in my first post is, Collette.

I think my email below describes my success!

Hi Collette -

I attended your class at Maria Beake's house on 09/19/09. You might remember me, I was the heavy set one that talked about getting the great deal on hamburger and getting angry when I shop... oh and shopping based on the narrow size of my Fridge. :)

I wanted to share with you my success!

I went to Albertson's and Smith's this past weekend. I went to Albertson's first knowing I wanted to get the $1.99 milk from Smith's.

My original Albertson's total was $115.29, he then rang up my card and my coupons. One of my coupons wouldn't ring properly, so I immediately mentioned - oh I am sorry did I not get the right quantity or... - he said - no worries and rang it up anyway! (So cool.) I was fully prepared to apologize profusely and tell him not to worry about. (I read your blog about the lady who said to fight tooth and nail and was appalled!)

My savings with "Big Relief Price Cut", Preferred Savings, Coupons = $91.30! For a balance of $43.99

With the gift card I got at the class - I spent $23.99!

I then went to Smith's which I like their prices on things better then Albertson's.

Smith's total bill $156.21. After my card (and I only had 2 coupons) my Savings was $64.76 - for a balance of $89.45. I can also add another $2.40 savings to that since I needed to get gas and used my $.15 fuel reward!

Although I didn't do the save as much as I spent at Smith's - I have to say my percieved value there was quite high since I was able to buy meats they had that were not shown on the sale ad for $1.99 a pound with card! My freezer is stuffed full of meats!

I am a very happy shopper this week!
Thank you!

Sharon Ruesch

(I got all 5 of my newspapers this week - the collection has begun!)

No comments: