Friday, July 23, 2010

A week has flown by

I managed to remember to keep my promise and blog more often so here I am back again!

This week... wow - food is my enemy. Although I should be pleased that I haven't gained any... I haven't lost any either. We had an offsite customer gathering this week so I didn't work out as much as I would have liked either.

Alex and Erik have been away at Boy Scout camp... I definitely miss the random hugs and kisses that come with having the boys in the house. And Erik is headed straight to Oregon with Grandma so there will be even a longer absence of hugs/kisses. *sigh*

So back to food... I am not sure about other women out there but the week before mother nature calls is like releasing the starving beast! I am hungry all the dang time even though I may have eaten a couple hours ago. I try to make good choices but sheesh... really Mother Nature? leave me alone, dang it! It is hard enough to stay away from food as it is!

To continue my rambling...
I have realized there is SO much I would love to do and seriously not enough time/money to do it in/with. My niece is on an amazing road trip across the continent and I am so envious!  Or maybe "covetous" is a better word. How I wish I could be on that trip with her. Her and her husband have an amazing blog that recounts their adventure. (thegreatnorthamericanroadtrip.blogspot.com) But I tell you what... something I have wanted to do for a VERY long time is take a road trip cross-country and see all this country's national landmarks! When I was about 8 the family drove in our motorhome to Alaska. It is a trip I will never forget and would love to do with my children. Ahhhh to hit the lottery or something! So I am now scouting possibilities to make this happen - or at least a small road trip - maybe up the coast of CA. We will see.

Shopping/Saving
I am in need of new work shoes but I will have to save up to buy them.

I have created a budget that not only tracks when I have to pay what bill BUT I have started putting away money for Christmas and our annual trip to Disney.

Something I haven't mentioned here in the blog is the Cruise to the Mexican Riveria that I am doing with my BFF since junior high in November. We got an amazing deal with the radio station and got a balcony stateroom for like $600. So I am also saving money for that as well... so I have decided - starting next week - I will be bringing my lunch at least 3 if not 4 days a week.

So in all - I have decided that each month at least $500 will be going to this savings fund. Keep your fingers crossed that I can stick to this!

Talk to you soon!

No comments: